Wholeness

03/04/2017
It's said that one of the problems of being negative, is falling into a destructive pattern where you start, unconsciously, looking for confirmation of your theories, which inevitability you'll be able to find, therefore reinforcing negativity itself. It may seem obvious but it is not that easy.

I do believe the universe will give me the answers I need when I need them, provided that I work for it. Wich is not to say that I don´t have fall downs, of course, but that in spite of them, I have to believe.

How can I not, if my life is filled with those moments?

Just today as I circle around looking for a park in the city. I'm tired, I'm thinking, almost concluding, the search is innocuous, there are no places available. I even say to myself (because nobody is listening!): obviously, how could you think there would be parking here, at this hour? when will you stop being so naive? - extrapolating the whole situation.  But then, there is one, after all, I park, look over the window and there it is:




Be whole in everything. 
Put all you are into the smallest thing you do.


I know this words too well. They're from a poem (Fernando Pessoa). I haven't thought of them for a while, but I know them. The poem goes through my head.  And just like that, the universe keeps me going, my life is refilled.

Ironic, no?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4.4.17

    Oh I love those little moments! The perfect thing to find, just when you needed it. I'm reminded that it's impossible to have a problem in the present moment - they only exist in past and future... Of course when you really need a parking space, someone saying that to you may make you want to throw something at them! You must have been quite present though Cristiana, 'whole' in what you were doing, or you wouldn't have noticed the poem. Maybe one way to break a vicious circle of negative thinking is to become the person who leaves little messages of hope around the place - very life-affirming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder who did this... I'm certain it has a positive impact on many people. Completely shifted my day!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top