|September| Breathing and enduring

30/09/2017
praia_do_azibo_portugal

For the past years, September was always the hardest month for me. The busiest and unhinged. This year, though, despite the demanding challenges I've had to face,  something was different. Firstly, I decided to try to meditate. I had tried before and to be honest, hated it, it felt like I was being brainwashed with my own consent (no good), so I decided it was not for me long ago. I'm glad I was willing to give it a try again (a nice side effect of my word of the year - play - which I hope to write about soon) and I think the three, five or ten minutes of meditation were so helpful. But the major factor of strengthens I've felt come from food intake. We have been changing our diet and I wholeheartedly believe that it was the key factor that allowed me to go through all the demands relatively positive and sane. Providing I was already quite the healthy eater, I never expected to notice such a difference as I did and it was such an empowering realization!
Even so, I'm glad September is over and I'm more than happy to welcome a calmer, tunned October.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1.10.17

    What a great view! Beautiful light - it has a very calm feel to it. I'm glad you had a better September Cristiana. Nutrition is such a powerful thing isn't it? (And sleep too.) Meditation is personal to each of us I think - there are so many teachers, ways, types, hype... but my experience is that you have to find your own way that might not look like anything anyone else is doing, but if it works for you then that's all that matters... Sending you good wishes for a calm October x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a breathtaking view, I'm afraid the picture doesn't do all the justice (it was taken with the phone camera). I never remember to take our real camera with us, so I take 99% of the photos with the phone:(
      You're right about nutrition, sleep (yes!) and how singular meditation can be. I can't help wonder how many people we're discouraged and quit after their initial approach, just like me.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top